The best wear of an Indian woman is a saree. Nothing like this 14 yard long cloth colorful and available in various fabrics, hues and prints, the pride of the Indian women, but it has got a charm which makes any woman clad in a sari appear elegant and beautiful. India is the land to buy sarees. Every region has its own specialty and they are named after them. For example, Taant is the produce of West Bengal, while bandhi prints are the glories of Gujarat, South India is world famous for its traditional sarees like Kanjeevaram sarees, Kanchipuram sarees and South silk, while Benares is the birth place of the famous Banarasi sarees which make for perfect bridal apparel. Other varieties available consist of handloom silk sarees, butter silk sarees, Mysore silk sarees, etc.
Silk sarees make for the best and most buys among Indian sarees. Ranging from a few hundred rupees, a good silk saree can cost you a lot. But they are worth the buy and the variety available at hand is huge. Their demand can be justified as they are easy to carry, light and help in free movement. The softness and crispness assure better quality. Another reason that adds to their popularity is their suitability to all occasions. While jamdani silk saree, pure silk bridal wear, ethnic kanchipuram saree make for purely traditional wear, the art silk sarees, printed silk sarees, khadi silk sarees and kora silk make for more fashionable Indian silk sarees.
If you are a visitor to India and you want something lovely and memorable to take back home as a souvenir, then a traditional or fashionable silk saree is worth a buy. Sarees boast of a long life and for every Indian woman, their first worn saree is as precious as their wedding brocade dresses. Shops selling sarees can be found a plenty in India where you can sit and look through the collection. Even if all doesn’t promise to be good and time is an issue for you, then you can definitely opt for the various online sites that sell silk sarees.
Online shopping had many advantages and this has led the dealers in silk sarees as well as sarees of other make to venture out for online sites. In this way they can reach out to a wider population and within little time. A great promotional medium, it is cost effective but fetches customers and profitable results. For the consumer too it’s a healthy choice as they have better bargaining power, a wider range to select and save time and money.
On the contrary, it has its disadvantages too and there are certain things to remember while shopping for silk sarees online. They are:
• Check whether the site you are buying the silk saree from is authentic. Verify their contact details and addresses.
• Make sure that the silk sarees the sites are featuring are ethnic. Gather news from other consumers who have already purchased from there.
• Calculate your cost that you have to pay. Make sure that the silk saree that you are buying online is worth the money and you are not incurring any loss.
• Enquire about their mode of payment and privacy details before giving your payment information.
• Ask them about any sample before purchasing the saree to ensure the quality.
• Go through the user reviews and try to establish a direct contact with the seller before buying a saree.
• Choose a fabric and saree keeping in mind the occasion and suitability according to your physical appearance.
• Women who are on the broader side should opt for chiffon or georgette silk sarees available online while those who are lean should choose heavier fabrics.
• Women who are shorter in size look best with short bordered sarees. The ones with huge and narrow borders seem to diminish their stature.
• It is better not to base your choices on the photos available online. Ask for printed versions or a larger view for a better look. At the same time, choose colors that go well with your complexion.